A basic midweek meal that everyone in the family will love.
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional herbs such as Rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano or even chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- Heat a pan to medium high.
- Mix breadcrumbs and salt together on a plate and add any herbs if using.*
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthways to make thin filets or alternatively cut the chicken into small bit size pieces to resemble ‘Nuggets’. Or do a mix of both.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil into the pan.
- Press the pieces of chicken into the breadcrumb mix then place in the oiled pan.
- Cook until golden and the edges of the chicken begin to turn white then turn over and repeat on the other side. Check to see if chicken if cooked through by cutting through s thick part. If it needs more cooking continue to
turn every minute or so or alternatively place in the oven for a few minutes.
On a personal note….
*When making this meal for our family I cut some small nuggets for our girls and cook these first in plain bread crumb mix then I add the herbs to the mix and continue to cook our fillets. We either have burgers or have the chicken as a side to a healthy salad or steamed veggies.
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe