Vanilla Ricotta on Fruit & Nut Sourdough is a go-to breakfast recipe for me when we have people over for breakfast in the warmer months. Simple, fresh and delicious and the ricotta mix can be made ahead- brilliant.
Vanilla Ricotta on Fruit & Nut Sourdough
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 3 Tb orange juice (fresh if you can)
- 1 Tb rice malt syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 scrapes of lemon zest- optional
- slices of quality fruit and nut sourdough
- fresh berries
- extra honey or rice malt syrup to serve
- Mix the fresh ricotta with juice, rice malt syrup, vanilla and zest if you are using it.
- Prepare the berries.
- Toast the sourdough in a sandwich press.*
- Spread sourdough with the ricotta mix then cover with berries and drizzle with honey.
Breakfast recipe tips
I often make the ricotta mix the night before and just keep in the fridge in an airtight container. You can do this with the berries too meaning there is less to do in the moment.
*I use a sandwich press for toasting sourdough and other dense bread as the bread dries out less than when you toast it in a normal toaster.