Who wouldn’t want to wake up to a fresh bowl of Bircher Muesli? The combination of oats soaked overnight mixed into freshly grated apple, yoghurt, seeds topped with fresh berries and toasted almonds. Yum!
Bircher Muesli is a fave in our house. It’s perfect for morning entertaining as it can all be prepared the night before yet it feels special when topped with fresh seasonal fruit.
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup apple juice (pink lady works best)*
- 3/4cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tb sunflower seeds
- 1 Tb pepitas
- 2 Tb shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 apple grated (granny smith is nice)
- 2 Tb toasted slivered almonds and fresh fruit to serve
- Milk to taste if you like a runnier consistency
*For a less sweet or sugar-free version swap apple juice for almond, coconut or regular milk. Half apple juice, half milk is a good option too.
- In a container mix oats, juice, yoghurt, seeds, coconut, almonds and cinnamon (if using).
- Put lid on the container and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Stir through grated apple serve with seasonal fresh fruit and toasted nuts.
Bircher Muesli will keep for three or four days in the fridge.
- To lower to sugar content, use less apple juice and more Greek yoghurt. Alternatively, replace the apple juice with almond or regular milk for a sugar-free version.
- For a dairy-free option just use coconut cream instead of greek yoghurt.
- For a runnier Bircher, add a little milk after stirring in the grated apple, then stir until you get the desired consistency.