A good pizza is made up of a few great essentials. A great pizza sauce is one of them.
Napoli Pizza Sauce
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped (Spanish or brown but Spanish makes a sweeter sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tb dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 800g tin crushed tomatoes
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil on a medium heat and fry onion until soft.
- Stir in oregano, salt, garlic and crushed tomatoes.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 15 mins.
- Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Blend in a blender until smooth. Or use as is if you prefer a more rustic sauce.
I make up a batch of this sauce and then freeze in single portions for easy defrosting. It makes a simple pasta sauce base to add meat and veggies and a topping for parmigiana too.
Subscribe now and receive 5 Ways to Save Time & Money in the Kitchen