A good pizza is made up of a few great essentials. A great pizza sauce is one of them.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped (Spanish or brown but Spanish makes a sweeter sauce)
- 1 Tb dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 800g tin crushed tomatoes
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil on a medium heat and fry onion until soft.
- Stir in oregano, salt, garlic and crushed tomatoes.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 15 mins.
I make up a batch of this sauce and then freeze in single potions for easy defrosting and use. It also makes a simple pasta sauce base to add meat and veggies to.