Garlic Mornay Sauce is great as an accompaniment to meat and vegetables, to stir through a pasta bake or as my fave—an amazing pizza sauce.
Garlic Mornay sauce is a nice change from the basic Napoli Pizza Sauce. My top three pizza toppings that go with Garlic Mornay Sauce are:
- Thinly sliced potato topped with bacon, feta & rosemary (potato & bacon pizza)
- Chicken, mushroom & caramelised onion (chicken mornay pizza)
- Blue cheese, parmesan, caramelised onion and mozzarella (three cheese pizza)
Garlic Mornay Sauce
- 2 Tb salted butter
- 2 Tbs plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter then add flour and stir for 2 mins.
- Add crushed garlic and stir.
- Add milk in small quantities and whisk until smooth between each addition.
- When all milk is added keep on the heat and whisk for another minute until small bubbles start to form.
- Take off heat and use however you wish.
Makes enough for 4 pizzas or great over veggies or a pasta & vegetable bake.
Tips and Tricks
Mixture will thicken as it cools. To soften again just reheat or whisk in a little extra milk if you prefer.
Suitable to freeze, defrost and use for a later date.
Subscribe Now and receive my FREE menu planner!