Affectionately known as ‘Father’s Day slice’ after I made this recipe with my class in the lead up to Father’s Day. It’s a slight twist on a faithful favourite and an easy recipe to make with kids.
Indulgent Rocky Road Slice Recipe
- 175g unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tb coconut (plus more see below)
- 1 pack of milk arrowroot biscuits crushed
- 90g copha
- 400g milk chocolate broken up into pieces
- 250g marshmallows halved
- 200g raspberry lollies or glace cherries halved
- 200g roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2/3 cup coconut (toasted if you can be bothered)
- Melt butter, brown sugar and cocoa in the microwave or stovetop until combined.
- Add egg, coconut and crushed biscuits then press into a lined lasagne tray or two lined slice tins and place in the fridge.
- In a large bowl combine halved marshmallows, raspberries, peanuts and coconut.
- Melt copha in microwave or stove stop then add in chocolate and continue heating and stirring until it is combined.
- Stir melted chocolate into marshmallow mix then tip onto refrigerated slice base.
- Roughly rearrange lollies with the back of a spoon so that the whole base is covered and tilt the tray so that the melted chocolate runs across the whole base.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set then slice and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Slice will keep for a week or two in the fridge.
- The best results will be achieved by using all the popular brand names. Cadbury, Pascall etc. It is well worth the extra cost.
- Copha is added so that the chocolate slices more easily but this means that it will need to be kept in the fridge. If left at room temperature for too long then the base and topping will begin to soften.
- You can use dark, white or milk chocolate and exchange nuts and lollies for personal favourites making the possibilities endless and also enabling a really thoughtful gift.