Muffins are great for an easy lunchbox snack, brekky on the run, morning or afternoon tea, always really. This recipe is quick, easy and easy to adapt to include your favourite ingredients. Blueberry, choc chip, chocolate, banana, mixed berry…
I originally picked up this recipe when one of my students brought in muffins for all the teachers to share. The muffins were divine so I asked her mum to share the recipe with me. Over the years working for the school she made all sorts of variations each as yummy as the last. Here the recipe is recorded for you (and for me so I won’t lose it). Try it with your favourite add-ins and find your favourite flavour.
Fluffy Delicious Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups SR flour*
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup banana**
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- raw sugar to sprinkle**
*for chocolate muffins exchange 2 Tbs flour for 2 Tbs cocoa
** exchange berries or choc chips for alternate flavour
- Preheat the oven to 180C and fill a muffin tin with paper cups.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together with as few mixes as you can. Mixture can still be lumpy and slightly unmixed. (Over mixing will make chewy muffins)
- Sprinkle with raw sugar then cook for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden.
Mix up the wet and dry ingredients ready to go if you are wanting to make muffins fresh for the morning.
Subscribe now and receive 5 Ways to Save Time & Money in the Kitchen
Free Download when you Subscribe