Quick and easy basic muffin recipe. Easy to adapt to include your favourite ingredients.
- 2 cups SR flour*
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 banana**
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- raw sugar to sprinkle**
*for chocolate muffins exchange 2 Tbs flour for 2 Tbs cocoa
** exchange berries or choc chips for alternate flavour
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and fill a muffin tin with paper cups.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix together.
- Then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together with as few mixes as you can. Mixture can still be lumpy and slightly unmixed. (Over mixing will make chewing muffins)
- Sprinkle with raw sugar then cook for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden.