Everyone loves coconut rice! You’ll love it even more when you realise how simple it is to make. A great accompaniment to any Thai curry or Thai salad.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can jasmine rice (use empty can of coconut milk to measure)
- 1 1/4 cans water
- 1/4 tsp salt*
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- tsp grated ginger (optional)
- extra water if needed
- shredded coconut toasted to garnish **
Method for microwave
- Place all ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl
- Put on high for 10 minutes then check
- If all of the water has been absorbed but rice is still firm add 2 Tb of extra water, stir and put on for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 until cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with toasted coconut
*salt is optional. If you are inclined to want to eat the left over coconut rice with some fresh fruit or ice cream for dessert as we often do then leave the salt out.
**Toast coconut quickly by placing coconut in a fry pan over med-high heat and stirring every few seconds until it is golden. Alternatively you can put in a try in the oven on 180oC for 5-10 mins or until golden.
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe
2 Comments Add yours