Thai curry is one of the quickest and tastiest meals in our home. It takes less than 15 mins from start to finish.
- 1 Tb peanut oil*
- 2 kaffir lime leaves slices very finely
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tb Mae Ploy green curry paste**
- 3 heaped cups (or 1 large plate of a mix of veggies)***
- 1 can quality coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Extra water if needed (all veggies and meat differ so depending on how much water comes out of them you may need to add more water.)
- Cut veggies to bite size pieces and separate the harder veggies (onion, carrot, brocoli, bok choy steams, cauliflower, etc) from the veggies that take less time to cook (mushrooms, baby corn, bok choy leaves, capsicum etc).
- Heat wok to hot.
- Add oil, and fry curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and any harder veggies for 2 minutes stiring constantly
- Add in chicken, coconut cream and rest of the veggies and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and greens are cooked but still crunchy.
Tips and tricks
*I use peanut oil as it withstands high temperatures and it doesn’t have a strong flavour. Any other oil is fine.
**You can generally buy May Ploy curry paste in single use pouches in the supermarket or from an Asian grocer. A whole tub is around $5 and you will get at least 10 curries from it.
We mix it up depending on how I am feeling as to what we serve the curry with. Jasmine or brown rice, cauliflower rice or just the curry as is. If we are short on time I put jasmine rice in a big microwave safe bowl in the microwave (rinse rice then 1 cup rice to 1 2/3 cups water) and microwave for 12 mins. I check it and if needed cook for another 1-3 mins. If I do this first then by the time the rice has finished then the curry is ready. Faster than any takeaway!!
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe