This recipe for rocket, pear, paremesan & walnut salad is one of my favourite salads in summer. Equally as good with blue cheese instead of parmesan.
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 3 large handfuls of rocket
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 100g parmesan cheese shavings*
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- sprinkling of ground sea salt
- Arrange rocket on a plate or bowl and top with sliced pear, cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle over olive oil and juiced lemon and finish with a sprinkling of ground sea salt.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges.
*Make parmesan cheese shavings easily with a veggie peeler
On a personal note…
I quite like this salad just as it is for lunch but it is also my favourite salad to pair with pizzas, pastas or other Italian foods. For a change, I love to swap the fresh parmesan for a creamy blue cheese or gorgonzola.