This recipe for rocket, pear, parmesan & walnut salad is one of my favourite salads in summer. Equally as good with blue cheese instead of parmesan.
Serves 4-6 as a side
Rocket, pear, parmesan & walnut salad
- 3 large handfuls of rocket
- 1 pear very thinly sliced
- 100g parmesan cheese shavings*
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 lemon or whole lime squeezed
- sprinkling of ground sea salt
- Arrange rocket on a plate or bowl and top with sliced pear, cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle over olive oil and juiced lemon and finish with a sprinkling of ground sea salt.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges.
On a personal note…
- This salad is also great as it is for lunch.
- My favourite dishes to pair it with are pizzas, pastas or other Italian foods.
- For a change, I love to swap the fresh parmesan for a creamy blue cheese or gorgonzola.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make parmesan cheese shavings easily.
Subscribe now and receive 5 Ways to Save Time & Money in the Kitchen
One Comment Add yours