This sugar free nutella recipe is great alternative to the highly processed comercial version. Use as an ingredient in desserts, eat it on toast or straight from the jar as some do. This one is awesome!
- 1/2 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs raw cacao or cocoa
- 2-3 Tbs rice malt syrup (depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tb water and extra if needed
- Blend hazelnuts to a fine meal in a food procssor, bullet or mortar and pestle.
- Add all other ingredients except water and blend to form a paste.
- Add water as needed.
- Keep in a sealed jar.
If kept in the fridge it will go hard unles you take out to soften. When hard this choc hazelnut spread has a similar consistency to that of a chocolate truffle. Great for an afternoon treat!
My pick would be to enjoy this with fresh fruit or berries.
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe